Thursday, April 30, 2009

Why I Haven't Posted Anything for Two Days

I have finally completed the Famous Red Scarf. I stayed up really late last night to do "one last cable" and to bind off (something I haven't done for -- well -- awhile.) I know we're about two weeks from summer here in Minnesota, but I had to try it on. What do you think?


The braided cable was the "learning curve" skill. I am not an accomplished knitter; I know some basic stitches, but have never made anything really complicated. I learned to do a basic cable in high school, but the braided cable was new to me and a challenge.
I will admit the cables make it look impressive.

Do you think I'll ever be able to learn to knit socks?

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think it's beeeeooootiful!

What a great job you did with your Lenten practice!

Lauralew said...

Wow! I'm stunned. That is just great!

Magdalene6127 said...

WOW. Beautiful!

Barbara B. said...

Awesome! (I am able to knit...umm...nothing!)

Great job!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Bravissima! It looks stunning on you.

Paul said...

I think the scarf is lovely and you are more so!

Terri said...

Fabulous! I'm about to begin my first project that includes cabling..yikes...winter caps for my goddaughters...perhaps I will have them finished by Christmas...LOL

Unknown said...

Of course! Knitting socks will be fun!

Rev SS said...

The scarf is absolutely gorgeos (and I agree, so are you) ... and, of course you will be able to knit socks!

June Butler said...

Diane, I don't know about whether you'll ever knit socks, but the scarf is gorgeous. The color is lovely, and it looks wonderful on you.

Anonymous said...

Nice work! I love the color. You make it look good,

angela said...

Something that takes so much time deserves a place of honor. Glad you did the cables--they're not as intimidating as they look from the other side!