Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Prayer for Children

We used this prayer on Sunday at our Children's Sabbath. All the children moved to the center aisle, and the people raised their hands in blessing, and said:

"Great God,
Guard the laughter of children.
Bring them safely through injury and illness,
so that they may live
the promises you give.
Do not let us be so preoccupied with our purposes
that we fail to hear their voices,
or pay attention to their special vision of the truth;
but keep us with them,
ready to listen and to love,
even as in Jesus Christ you have loved us,
your grown-up, wayward children.
AMEN."

I believe that this prayer is from the Book of Common Prayer

6 comments:

Fran said...

Oh my - beautiful. I may have to save this Diane.

Thank you.

Jan said...

Amen. Amen.

Jennifer said...

Wonderful! Thank you!

angela said...

Sometimes I wish bloggers had special "favorite" buttons on posts that they could click (like on ravelry discussions) so that I could save a post and look back at it later. This is one of those. Maybe I'll copy it out in longhand. Maybe I'll put the Book of Common Prayer on my wishlist.

Lori said...

That is a wonderful prayer! Thank you.

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

This is a reminder we all need.